.

Update: Brand NEW Posts Coming Soon!!!!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Very Hollow-Day


Oh it’s that time of year again. The time of candies, costumes, cavities, and nightmarish fun. Yes, Halloween is upon us, my friends! It comes every February 14th just like clockwork. What?.....What do you mean it’s not Halloween? Isn’t it the time of year where people dress up and pretend they are things they are not? Isn’t it the time of tricks and lies, and going from door to door begging for sexual favors? Okay, I must have my holidays crossed again. These holidays seem so similar to me. They are both phony, morbid, diabetes-inducing holidays of absolutely no meaning. But at least Halloween is a bit more all-inclusive. So let’s all go out donned in our masks of superficiality and eat candy until all of our teeth come out and then go worship the dead or something. That’s more exciting than conversation hearts and watching grocery store-bought flowers rot in a jar any way. Hey with all its obligatory balloons, flowers, teddy bears, and hearts Feb 14 is certainly more scary than any Halloween prank I could fall victim to. So séance at my place anyone? Maybe we can conjure up real love and resurrect meaningful relationships... No, I don’t really believe that either.

R.I.P.
"Love"
Born: a long time ago
Murdered: Slowly over time


Happy Hollow-een everyone : )

3 comments:

sela said...

I'm beginning to lean to your point of view. :( Nevertheless, I hope the year brings real new wonderful things.

Katie said...

This post made me laugh because to a point i totally agree with you! Most of it is for show...and if it is true, then it shouldnt only happen one day out of the year. It should happen everyday!

"L is for Loquacious" said...

Damn Sis.

Here's a verbal "hug". Lol!