.

Update: Brand NEW Posts Coming Soon!!!!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Tribute to The Max

On Monday I had to make a decision that no pet parent wants to ever have to face. I had to decide to put my beautiful tabby, Max (Maximilian Maxwell Maximus aka The Max) down. Max suffered from a common cat affliction, Feline Chronic Renal Failure (CRF) or kidney disease. No cure exists for CRF so a diagnosis of kidney disease is a looming death sentence. For more information about the disease please visit http://www.felinecrf.org/.

 Max was a fighter. He was diagnosed in early 2011 and I was told that he would probably not live through 2012, but The Max lived more than a 2 and a half years past the doctor's expectations. Apart from a roller coaster appetite and the occasional spot of  lethargy, Max never had any real complications. He responded well to treatment and he played, ran, jumped, and thrived until last Saturday when he slowed down. He had had enough. On Monday, I took him to the vet and decided that the most humane decision I could make for him was to put him down.

Life without The Max is like a life without music. 

But this post is not about his death. This post is dedicated to Max's life. Here are some of my favorite memories of  Mister Max.


This is Max when I first brought him home in the Spring of 2010. He was dirty and suffering from a fungal infection.Though he loved hanging out in the bath tub, he hated getting wet.
Max and his roommate Precious taking a bath together. (Precious my favorite cat of all time died at the age of 20 in November 2012.)


He loved having his picture taken and would often pose in front of the camera.


Max in the hall closet

He frequently slept just like this or completely on his back

This is why I'm hot

Silly boy
Wearing a Hawaiian leis


He had an appreciation for books 

Smile for the camera
A handshake

Him and his dog

We were a family.


The last photo I ever took with  Max two days before he died


The name Maximilian literally means "the greatest." So here's to a cat who lived his life to The Max! Rest in peace, boy.

No comments: